If you steal from me, I will HAUNT you down!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected What is written in this blog, is of the author's own originality. It is the sole views, thoughts, and stories of this blog's author.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

More Stars, ET & Creationists. Oh My!!

This morning, after checking my emails over on Yahoo I'd decided to click over to MY YAHOO and check out the latest stories of the morning.

This is what I had found... Evidence for ET is mounting daily, but not proven.

Pretty interesting read, if you ask me. Oh.. You didn't. But I'm saying it anyways.

So the run down is that Astronomers have found evidence of more stars in the universe than they had previously thought. Three times as many as a matter of fact. And that is A LOT... Many more galaxies and suns as well, if you sit and think about it, seeing as suns are just huge stars themselves.

Also, the scientists have found that a microbe can actually LIVE and thrive in ARSENIC. Which has had lead them to think that they can live in some pretty harsh conditions that us humans very well cannot.

From the article... "The evidence is just getting stronger and stronger," said Carl Pilcher, director of NASA's Astrobiology Institute, which studies the origins, evolution and possibilities of life in the universe. "I think anybody looking at this evidence is going to say, 'There's got to be life out there.'"

In *my* humble opinion, I agree. We as THE leading and MOST intelligent species of our planet would be completely naive and all-out stupid to believe that within this vast and (seemingly) unending universe that we are the ONLY life forms out there.

We will NEVER (in my mind) know truly how many life forms that there are out there beyond the reaches and outer fringes of our galaxy.

Now, in the Christian texts of the Bible, within Genesis, it states... (via BIBLE GATEWAY)

"1:31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

2:2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done."

What many Creationists (those that solely believe in what the Bible states word for word, and that God made the earth and it is NOT *millions/billions* of years old, but only *thousands* of years in age) believe is that Evolution and Astronomy Sciences were just made up nonsense to have some other "explanation" than a god/deity forming everything out of nothing. They do not believe in the "Big Bang" theory or take stock in anything regarding the "Evolutionary Scale". And being that the Bible does NOT state that there are other forms of life BEYOND us, then it can't be true.

Most (but not all) Astronomy Scientists are Atheists. They do not feel that there was a deity design to the universe, let alone believe that ANY gods exist.

Now some are said to be Agnostic, where they cannot prove, nor can they prove the existence of a deity. Nor can they prove or disprove that an intelligent being such as the Christian God made the planets and the universe.

Then, you do have a small handful of people that work within the various fields of Science that do believe in the Christian God.

One thing that they all do have in common is that they ALL rely on the evidence presented to them, theoretical measures, probability measures and anthropology to have gotten as far as they have in the fields of Astronomy, Biology and Evolution.

It just amazes me that people can sit there and FLAT OUT deny the REAL possibility of life on other planets within our very own solar system, let alone outside of the galaxy that we call "home".

To the Creationists, how can you be SO sure that those "six days" were not actually 6 million/billion YEARS? So someone said days in the Bible. Man had written and *REWRITTEN* that Book so many times, who HONESTLY knows for sure what God ACTUALLY said at this point? Do you not think that one second to God is a THOUSAND YEARS to us? Remember that saying? I was told that many times over.

So, take that second in "our" time and expand it out to those six days, put those six days in to God's version of "days"/time and see what you come up with... I suck at math, but I can safely say that it's WAAAAY more than "thousands" of years, my friends. You are looking at more along the lines of the millions or even the *billions* mark.

I myself am a Christian. I believe in God and Jesus Christ. I believe that Jesus died on the cross and rose from the grave, only to ascend to Heaven and that one day, He will return as it is written within the Book of Revelations.

BUT!!...Yeah, I have one.

I cannot sit here in good conscience and claim that science is wrong and that indeed there is NO OTHER life out in our vast galaxy and in the outer reaches of space. For me to do so would be just plain ignorant. Nor can I state that the earth is only *thousands* of years old. If that was the case, then we should be walking with dinosaurs, having volcanoes going off and earthquakes shaking all around us.

It took MILLIONS, if not BILLIONS of years for our planet to cool down, fill with water, and for the continents shape and shift. Plus species had to start somewhere, right? And no I do *not* believe that it started with Adam and Eve of the Bible. We started out as microbes, bacteria and from there evolved over those millions/billions of years in to what we are today. Homo Sapiens.

So as far as Extra Terrestrials, Astronomy, Cosmology and other sciences go for this Christian woman, I love it, love learning about it all, and truly believe that YES there *IS* other life out in the universe and that we are *NOT* alone by any means.

It's not shameful, ridiculous, or even hearsay to go beyond your belief system (be it Christianity or otherwise) to look at things on a larger, broader scale. Science (in any form) is NOT perfect or exact. But neither is religion.











Please watch the rest of this 5-part series via YouTube.

2 comments:

Jessica Penot said...

I try to ignore creationists as much as possible. I don't mind people having religious beliefs that differ from my own. I actually celebrate that, but I really have never understood why they want their religions taught in science class. Interesting ET evidence. It always seemed a little short sighted to believe that in the vast universe we are the only life.

Shah Wharton said...

Hi - new follower form link up here - And I'm not a Christian or religious at all, so creationists just flabbergast me? Love that word ;)

I enjoyed your post. I feel glum if ever I think 'this is all there is'. I believe in other 'planes of existence' and 'higher realms'. I see ghosts and I'm not crazy (honest). I don't talk to them because I'm scared. And I can't summon then - they do what they like. I've only seen about ten in my 38 yrs too. So it's not a common experience. But it's happened - I could call them lucid dreams mixed with sleep paralysis. I could call it the onset of mania (I'm bipolar). But I don't. Truth is no doc can say for certain, and neither can I.

Great blog btw.

Come see mine? wordsinsync.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...